A Tax Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number that’s used for tax purposes.

Most countries issue them to identify their taxpayers and to help with the administration of tax affairs.

TINs are different in every country. For example, in the UK, individuals have a National Insurance (NI) number, and companies have a Corporation Tax number.

NI and claiming UK EIS and SEIS tax reliefs

If you’re a UK tax payer, you may be able to claim tax-relief through the UK Government’s two tax relief schemes: Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS).

We’ve streamlined the tax documentation process for investors on Seedrs. So, we issue digital tax certificates that come complete with all the relevant information needed to make the claim on your UK Income Tax return.

Your tax certificates are digitally stored in your Seedrs account, where you can easily download them electronically when submitting your tax return.

UK taxpayers should note that tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future. To learn more about how SEIS or EIS works, please read the online HMRC guidance or contact your professional tax advisor.

The majority of European individual tax identification numbers can be found here.

Did this answer your question?